Product of this month is the Retractable
One powerful Thruster!
Even for the more experienced skipper, it can be difficult to maneuver the boat in harsh wind conditions and strong currents. With the new line of retractables from VETUS though, anyone can dock and turn a boat even in the smallest of ports! This low drag solution will make your docking experience easier, faster and just plain more enjoyable.
A retractable thruster has the following advantages:
- Optimum forward placement in the bow, while maintaining depth for leverage by deployment
- Less noise and vibration as it not directly connected to the hull
- Optimum tunnel length with minimal losses
- Virtually no marine growth, as there is no light when thruster is in retracted and closed position
- Could be placed in the stern in (both sailing and motor) boats where it is not possible with a tunnel thruster
- Less drag as the lid is flush to the hull
- Small dimensions
The new VETUS retractable, has some big advantages compared to other options in the market:
- Patented design (swivel point) - the thruster rotates as one unit
- Less intricate design, fewer moving parts… lightweight, simple and robust
- Optimized tunnel ergonomics: more power, less noise
- All submerged parts are non-corrosive
- Childproof safety to prevent accidental operation
- Automatic deployment and retracting
- Safety pin protection for lid overload
- Electronically prepared for communication based on CAN protocol
- Automatic retracting and switch off after 15 min
- Automatic retracting after switching of engine
- Built-in time lapse device when reversing the direction of rotation
- Fast deployment/retracting time
- Unique intelligence to prevent jamming, overload and blocking
The VETUS line of retractable bow thrusters is suitable for sail or power vessels up to 20 metres. A VETUS bow thruster panel is sold separately and the thruster is available in 150 mm, 185 mm and 250 mm tunnel (diameters).
Thrust forces: 55 kgf, 60 kgf, 75 kgf, 95 kgf, 125 kgf, 160 kgf in 12V and 24V.